Sunday, January 24, 2016

1.24 | Just Life

As I start to try to shape what I want this space to look like and what I want to write about, I settled on having a weekly recap with a dump of pictures and short musings. I'm thinking this will serve as a time capsule to look back on, and hopefully not too self indulgent.

This week was definitely an emotional one and although I experienced loss and sadness,there was plenty to be thankful for too. Like lots of snuggles, doggie kisses, and Netflix-binging.

Back to last weekend - CJ and I finally took the time to explore parts of Baltimore we haven't visited yet.


We went to the Baltimore Museum of Art - which was much larger and more interesting than I imagined. There was recreated rooms from old Maryland homes, an Andy Warhol exhibit, and a really cool collection called "Imagining Home".




Also found this card that could not be truer :)


We grabbed some amazing gyros from the Greektown neighborhood, and explored Patterson park with the pup. It was an Army hospital during the Civil War, and then repurposed as a community park with an observatory.



Monday was my mom's birthday - we munched on these cupcakes my talented sister decorated before going out to eat.


We got our first dusting of the year in DC, but it paled in comparison to the "Snowzilla Blizzard" the weathermen were promising later in the week.


CJ and I decided to have some fun before getting snowed in at Mad Fox Brewery. The beer was great and so was the food! My favorites were the soft pretzel with cheese dip and fried pickles.



I spent Friday morning going on one last run before the blizzard - these views never get old.


No comments:

Post a Comment