Friday, February 12, 2016

2.12 | Life Lately


This week was a little hectic with a short work trip thrown in, I am definitely looking forward to the long weekend coming up! Here's what I've been up to this week.

Homebody-ing:  I spent Sunday night watching the Superbowl by myself while finishing up a few papers for school, and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it! I cozied up with a Trader Joe's pizza and Yeungling and didn't have to leave my couch :)


Eating: Pretty crappy food while I was out of town (it's hard not to when you're on per diem!). I have been on a yogurt bowl kick lately - my favorite combo is peanut butter, jelly and any type of fruit. Here's what a bowl looks like when I try to make it pretty, and then the "real life" version.



Planning: A "Will you Beer my Valentine" potluck and light beer tasting party this weekend. This The Kitchen galentines day party is great inspiration for my trip to Target for decorations.

Valentine's Day Decorations

Reading: Atul Gawande's Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science, an insider's look at the world of modern medicine. It's pretty interesting but I did get queasy reading about surgeries in Chapter 1.


Loving: This Marmot commercial from the Superbowl. I'm obsessed with my winter coat from the company, and is there anything cuter than a happy marmot? Definitely not a puppy monkey baby...

 

Practicing: Yoga a few times a week. I love yoga, and am really making the effort to practice consistently. I've been trying to go to one studio class a week, and also practice in my room with Do Yoga with Me videos.


Geeking: Out over JK Rowling's announcement of an 8th Harry Potter book being released this year! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. And sorry that I've mentioned HP in almost every post.


Listening: Religiously to podcasts on the way to work. I just discovered Happier by Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project, and love it. They're short 20 minute on episodes introducing small tips to live each day happier.



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment