Monday, February 8, 2016

Places: Whitetail Resort

Although one of my New Year's resolutions was to have more lazy Sundays, I spent last Sunday tiring out my muscles and testing my nerves at Whitetail Ski Resort in Mercersburg, PA. Part of CJ's Christmas present was an "IOU" for a ski day, and when we realized we only had one free weekend day in the next month we had to take advantage of it. So we left this guy with my parents and hit the road.


I'm not that great of a skier. I'm pretty awful actually. I keep myself a little too controlled and go so slow that I might as well be walking down the mountain. But it was fun to try, and I had pretty good company. ;)


I was a little scared that at 50 degrees and sunny it'd be too hot to ski, but the warm weather meant that I was able to take my mind off being cold enough to complain about other things like too-tight boots and sore legs.


Whitetail has an outside picnic area with a fire pit and we were lucky that it was nice enough outside to enjoy it. We munched on gummy bears and a Sheetz sandwich for lunch and I spent some time there resting while CJ went on some of the more difficult runs.


After a full day on our feet and only minimal provisions, we were dying to get some food. We stopped at the closest fast food restaurant, which happened to be a McDonald's. I may be a public health nutrition student, but I do love the occasional McDonald's splurge. And we went all out with three trips to the cash register between the two of us.


All in all a good day, and I've decided that I might need to give up skiing and try to pick up snowboarding next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment