Monday, February 15, 2016

Kentucky Wanderings

I spent two and a half days in Kentucky this past week for a work trip. I am committed to exploring little bits of the cities I'm in, but with a packed day of work obligations that can be pretty difficult. So I settled for (way to early) morning yoga, coffee breaks, and solo lunches.

I relied on Yelp reviews to build my itinerary, and for the most part it didn't disappoint.

First up was a 6am Yoga Flow class at Yoga on Baxter in Louisville. It was one of the friendliest studios I've been in, and the class was both challenging and relaxing. I loved the greenery and candles in the yoga room, and instructors' solo acoustic guitar solo during Savasana.


I followed up yoga with my first Spanish latte (a regular latte with condensed milk) and a cheddar chive biscuit at Please and Thank You. The part-coffee shop/part record store shop was adorable and completely embraced its hipster pretense.



For my half day in Lexington, I wanted to stop by top-rated Bourbon and Toulouse for a quick lunch. There must of been some mayhem the night before for Mardi Gras because the sign on the door said they were closed until "things could be repaired". So I had to settle for a delicious sushi and udon-soup lunch special at Tomo next store. Poor me, right?


My final meal of the trip was a regret filled trip through the White Castle drive through on a late night 2 hour drive back to the airport. Too bad I couldn't stick around for Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment