Friday, February 19, 2016

2.19 | Life Lately

With the combination of Valentine's Day, a 3-day weekend, and a surprise snowstorm, this week started off with a bang. The past few days have been crazy busy, so I'm excited that the weekend is just around the corner. Lately I've been:

Binge-Watching: The Office. Every episode is a classic, and Michael Scott's antics never get old.

 
Embracing: Reality. Valentine's Day has a tendency to be over-the-top with mushiness, but in my opinion it's the little every day things that end up meaning the most. On a side note, I am trying to limit my phone-in-bed use :)


Also Embracing: The cheesiness that is Valentine's Day. Even if I'm not 100% on board, it's still fun to load up on the pink, candy, junk food, and in my case, light beer.


Waiting: For another dog to show up at the dog park. I taking your dog to socialize when it's 14 degrees Fahrenheit isn't really a thing.


Learning: Spanish on my walk to work with Coffee Break Spanish podcast. I probably listen about 3 days per week and feel like I am learning bit by bit. Just a warning: the theme song will play in your head all day if you listen in the morning.

Coffee Break Spanish logo
 
Indulging: In some late night Ben's Chili Bowl after a light night concert. Yes, I did order potato chips and cheese fries.
 

 
Cursing: The inefficiency of bureaucracy when the National Smithsonian failed to mention on that they were closing early due to snow on their website. So much for a trip to the Renwick Gallery, but it was pretty cool to see downtown DC in freshly fallen snow.
 


 
Tricking: Myself into getting excited to do homework by lighting candles and making popcorn, but it didn't really work. On a more important note, if you haven't tried the popcorn/melted cheese/Old Bay combo you should stop what you're doing immediately to make it.
 
 
Trying: To be clever by making this morning's yogurt and fruit bowl in the last of a peanut butter jar. Not very pretty but it tasted good!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment